Sunday, February 17, 2008

The Tough One

Who is the toughest student? Think real hard.... parents know the answer....that's right, your prodigy or child is the toughest student. Why? Because the teachers are too close to the student and too emotional about how the lesson is responded to.

I have two children of my own os I speak from experience here. Now at the ages of 17 and 15, I think I've finally learned how to control my own emotional response to the most challenging yet rewarding students.

In our roles as teachers the "favorite" student should not exist. No such thing as most likely to succeed or the favorite child...it's all life and if we care about our students we will teach them what we know, regardless how difficult it may seem. Everybody matters and as teachers we are here to make sure life continues with as much wisdom as possible. When the teaching gets tough, back away and think about the role we play. Play the role and enjoy it or do yourself a favor and change roles.

Life is way too short!

No comments:

Thoughts and lessons learned in my quest to educate those in a position to influence others, to understand their role and hopefully become very successful leaders and mentors.